Delegates can also submit their abstracts regardless if they are physically present or not. The conference will provide an ePosters section on their LIVE website available from November 23, 2021.
CALL FOR ABSTRACT
You are invited to submit abstracts for the Middle East Rheumatology Conference to be held at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates from November 25-27, 2021.
Depending on the number of submitted abstracts and their quality, the abstracts will be selected for oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts submissions are accepted until October 17, 2021 18:00 (GMT +4). Any abstract received after the deadline will not be accepted. Upon completion of evaluation, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ message will be sent to authors by email, approximately 7 days after the deadline for submission.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
- Basic and Translational Research
- Clinical Research
- Health Professionals in Rheumatology Practice and Clinical Care
- Rheumatology Images
- Clinical Cases
A disclosure form identifying commercial relationships for all co-authors must be completed by the submitting author, if their abstract has been accepted for publication. The submitting author signs and verifies disclosure on behalf of all co-authors. Disclosure information for accepted abstracts will be made available to the meeting attendees.
The submitting author must verify that all co-authors have read and approved the submission of the abstract.
ACCEPTANCE & REJECTION
Upon completion of the evaluation of submitted abstracts, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to authors. Upon acceptance of an author’s submission, the following instructions below are applicable:
- The presenting author of the presentation should confirm their attendance upon receiving the acceptance email within one week.
- The availability of any sort of grant for registration, travel and/or accommodation will be mentioned in the acceptance email, without any guarantees at the abstract submission stage.
- Accepted authors will receive one complimentary registration pass that will be conducted by the PCO and sent up to 10 days prior to the congress
- Authors who confirm presence will receive a free communication code based on their category of submission 1 week before the conference.
- All submitted abstracts must be in English
- The content of the abstract is solely the responsibility of the author. The original abstract is reprinted exactly as provided. During submission, it must clearly indicate the name of the presenting author, who will be considered the contact person for all correspondence connected with the submitted abstract.
- All submitted abstracts need to have the names and surnames of all co-authors, along with their positions in their affiliated institutions.
- Abstract submissions need to be limited to 300 words.
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (no abbreviations) that clearly indicates the nature of the investigation. It is encouraged that the title is set so as to attract the audience and to hint to the conclusion of the investigation.
A well-written abstract typically has the following identified sections:
- Background/objectives: a brief introduction, which states the problem that you are addressing as well as some background information on the issue. The introduction of the abstract should include a very brief background 1-2 statements followed by the objectives of the investigation.
- Design and methods: the methodologies, number of test subjects and scientific approach used to conduct the research.
- Results: it is expected that authors present data that support their conclusion. Tables and graphs should include explanatory captions.
- Conclusions: further areas of research and overall conclusion of the research
Citation: a reference list and acknowledgements, if applicable
ORAL PRESENTATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The same abstract and title submission indicated in this email need to be used during the congress and not another topic can fill your currently accepted slot.
- Oral presentations will be for a maximum of 8 minutes with 2 minutes for questions/comments.
- Oral presenters need to send their powerpoint presentation 6 days prior to the congress to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: RHEU2021-Presentation-OCX.X example: RHEU2021-Presentation-OC2.2
- Presenting authors should be present at their designated hall 15 minutes before the start of the session in which they will present to ensure enough time to mount their presentations for electronic projection.
- All presentations should be made available in Microsoft Office Power point in a flash USB disk drive or CD. Speakers may not use your own laptop nor use a MAC version. Please ensure the presentation available in duplicate media to prevent bad surprises on the day.
- Presenting authors should be present at their designated hall 15 minutes before the start of the session in which they will present to ensure enough time to mount their presentations for electronic projection in case they do not send it beforehand.
Please note ePosters are not online poster presentations. ePosters will be placed on the virtual MRC 2021 virtual conference website wherein the main author’s contact will be placed on their dedicated ePoster page in the case virtual delegates would like to contact them. Moreover, ePosters pages will contain the submitted abstract along with the design ePoster that accepted abstract authors will need to submit using the MRC 2021 abstract template.
ACCEPTED ePOSTER INSTRUCTIONS
The eposters will placed on the virtual MRC 2021 virtual conference website wherein the main author’s contact will be placed on their dedicated ePoster page in the case virtual delegates would like to contact them.
Please download the template featured below.